Many of our walks are available to independent travellers as well as MountainBug clients. If you would like to join us for any of our Barèges based walks, please contact us, or if you are staying at the Hotel du Tourmalet, just ask at reception.
You can see what walks we have running on our walking calendar. Please be aware that the walking itineraries are examples only, and we cannot guarantee that a particular walk (e.g. the Cirque de Gavarnie) will run on a particular date. This is so that your guide has the flexibility to choose a walk suitable for the weather conditions and group ability.
For guests at MountainBug accommodation (i.e. the chalet Les Cailloux, and the Hotel du Tourmalet) we can also arrange activities such as canyoning, paragliding, via ferrata, rafting, rock-climbing etc as well as bike hire. We can arrange activities for groups of four or more, or for smaller groups we can try to fit you in with an existing activity itinerary. Please enquire about availability.
During the winter months we can arrange a guided snow-shoeing day for groups of four or more. Snow-shoeing is an ideal activity for those who want a break from skiing, or who want to get away from the resort and experience the winter wilderness. Smaller groups or individuals are welcome to join any existing groups. Please see our snow-shoeing calendar for dates.
We can also arrange off-piste and ski-touring guides for a day, to help you take your skiing to the next level. Please contact us for details.
- All day walks and snow-shoeing trips are 40€ per person. Prices vary for other activities. Please pay at time of booking.
- Snow-shoe hire is an additional 5€ per person per day
- The price includes any transport to and from activities (assuming Barèges is the start point)
- Spaces are limited, please check availability
- Once booked and paid for the cost is non-refundable
- A packed lunch can be provided on request for an extra 6€ per person.